The 7 Deadly Sins for an Oklahoma DUI
And how to avoid them.
- THINKING IT IS A "SIMPLE"
DUI. There is no such thing as a "simple" DUI. A
conviction on this charge will follow you for the rest of your life.
The additional insurance charges alone could cost you thousands of
dollars. You may lose numerous job opportunities, be denied housing,
lose a pilot’s license and be prevented from traveling to foreign
countries. There are many hidden costs to you from a
- THINKING ALL ATTORNEYS ARE THE SAME - THEY
ARE NOT. DUI is a complex field. It involves
physical, mental, emotional, scientific, technical, and factual issues
that are unique to each case. Defenses must be raised at the right time
or you will lose them and evidence must be gathered quickly. Timing can
be very important to the success of your case.
The American Bar Association recognizes DUI as a specialized field of training and study. There are currently 33 Board Certified DUI Lawyers in the United States. You should seek out the best qualified attorney who specializes in this area of practice.
- NOT REQUESTING AN ADMINISTRATIVE HEARING TO
PROTECT YOUR DRIVERS LICENSE. I only have 15 DAYS
to request a hearing for you --- The ONLY way to protect your driver’s
license. Contact me immediately to help you protect your
license. If an attorney doesn’t tell you about this hearing or
tells you, you can’t win this hearing-- that attorney is either not
competent to represent you or is taking short cuts at your
- SELECTING AN ATTORNEY BASED MAINLY ON A LOW
FEE. The lowest fee may mean the least qualified
and someone who will spend the least amount of time on your case. They
may take the easy way out and settle for the first offer the Government
makes so they can move to another low fee case. You get sold out when
the legal issues of your case are ignored in an effort to make a quick
fee. The low fee most likely will cost you more in hidden costs before
you are finished. Be careful of bargains with brain surgeons,
parachutes and DUI Defense Attorneys.
- QUICKLY ACCEPTING A SETTLEMENT FROM THE
PROSECUTOR. The first offer is not a deal. An attorney
who takes the first offer is trying to get rid of your case with the
least amount of work. You never get to raise legal issues or make the
State prove its case. This is not legal defense—this is an escort
- DRIVING AFTER YOUR LICENSE HAS BEEN TAKEN
AWAY. This is an arrestable offense and can make
it more difficult to represent your DUI as well as cause an increased
- FAILING TO PROTECT YOUR CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS. An experienced DUI Attorney will recognize the issues unique to your case and will have the experience to protect you. This includes at a minimum the legality of the reason you were stopped, your removal from the car, the legality of any test given to you, the propriety of any field test given to you, the validity of your arrest itself, the legality of any breath test request and the procedures of the administration of any breath/blood test.
- DUMP TRUCK LAWYERS. "Dump truck" is what attorney’s call other lawyers who only want to dump their clients by pleading them guilty instead of offering a vigorous defense. Unfortunately, there are a number such lawyers and they can be spotted in several ways.
We take a personal interest in You and Your case.
Bruce Edge, Tulsa DUI Lawyer
Board Certified in DUI Defense under ABA guidelines
Let us relieve this stressful time