DUI Pretrial Diversion
Pretrial diversion programs are available for some individuals who are facing first offense felony DUI or drug charges, as well as other criminal offenses, in Oklahoma. These programs are designed to:
- Keep citizens out of jail
- Help an accused drug or alcohol offender receive treatment
If you are able to participate in a pretrial diversion program, you will be required to attend drug and alcohol counseling and classes at your own expense rather than going to jail. If you successfully complete the program, you will not receive a criminal conviction on your record.
Not all DUI offenders are eligible to participate in a pretrial diversion program. You will be deemed ineligible if:
- You have a violent crime conviction on your record
- You have any prior felony charges and/or convictions on your record
- You have been in a drug court program in the last five years
It is important to understand that the pretrial diversion program is not intended to be a shortcut. In order to be successful and stay out of jail, you must be committed to finishing the program and all of the terms imposed by the court.
Please submit our secure contact form below: