Recent Oklahoma DUI Case Wins
When it comes to defending Oklahoma motorists who are accused of driving under the influence (DUI), one name has become synonymous with success: The Edge Law Firm. As one of the only firms in the state to attain board certification in DUI defense, our firm has what it takes to help you fight your arrest and avoid the consequences of a drunk driving conviction.
Thanks to the percentage of recent case wins, the majority of our clients are referred to us by friends and family members—and a large number of those referrals even come from other attorneys or police officers.
- First Degree vehicular homicide: where deceased was in a wheelchair and a blood test with two illegal drugs: NOT guilty.
- Under 21, 2nd case and an accident: License returned and case dismissed.
- .11 blood test and driver under 21: License returned and no conviction.
- .19 Blood test: License returned and no conviction.
- .26 BAC test: License returned.
- .19 BAC test for CDL: License returned.
- .15 BAC, felony with pilot’s license: License returned and case dismissed.
- Tulsa Felony DUI: Dismissed.
- .21 DUI accident in view of police: Driver’s license returned and no alcohol conviction.
- Oklahoma Felony DUI: License returned and reduced to reckless driving.
- 2 counts of vehicular manslaughter: Not Guilty.
- .32 DUI: Dismissed and license returned.
- 4 DUI arrests in 1 1/2 years: Driver’s license returned and no alcohol convictions.
- Former law enforcement officer with 2 DUI’s in 6 months: Dismissed and license returned.
- DUI accident: Not guilty and license returned.
- .17 DUI: Licenses returned and no alcohol conviction.
- College student, under 21 with BAC over the legal limit: No conviction and NO loss of license.
- Under 21 student involved in an accident, with injuries and a BAC over the legal limit: No conviction and no loss of license.
LEGAL SUCCESSES – Melanie
DUI – Dismissal of Charges
My client was stopped for allegedly weaving. The officer conducted a brief investigation, and arrested her for DUI. However, based on my interview during our initial consultation, I had reason to suspect that the basis for the stop was manufactured by the arresting officer. After obtaining video, and arguing the matter to the court, the court agreed that the stop was illegal, resulting in a dismissal of charges against my client.
DUI – Reduced Charges
Client has a CDL, and drives commercially for a living. On the evening of the arrest, however, client was driving his personal vehicle. Through negotiation with the prosecutor’s office, I was able to obtain a reduction in charges which did not cause this client to lose his CDL drivers license, or his livelihood.
DUI – Reduced Charges
Client was stopped for driving erratically within a neighborhood. Client exited his car to speak with the officers, and during this conversation, officers developed suspicion that client was intoxicated. Client was arrested for DUI. The State filed felony charges due to client’s history of DUI arrests. After reviewing the specific timing of the previous charges, as well as the statutes which were in effect at the time client pled to the earlier cases, I determined that client ‘s current charge should be misdemeanor DUI, not felony DUI. I argued this issue successfully to the court, resulting in client serving probation for a misdemeanor DUI.
Felony Charges Dismissed
Client was arrested for Assault with a Dangerous Weapon, and while wearing a mask. Although these are very serious offenses, during my interview with my client, I became suspicious that the incident had been overcharged. After reviewing the reports, and discussing the matter thoroughly with my client, we declined to accept any offers of settlement from the State, and the matters were ultimately dismissed against my client.